1. Visit our class schedule before attending to make sure there are no class cancellations for that day, and be sure to arrive early! Also... be sure to complete our online waiver form before you attend your first class - WAIVER FORM. If arrive, and the door is locked (as we do lock the door while each class is in session), then class has already started and you are unfortunately to late to attend the class. Once class begins, the door is not unlocked until the class in session has ended. So, to avoid this happening, please try to arrive at least 5-10 minutes before class begins to fill out any paper work, put your belongings away, change clothing, sign in on the attendance board, purchase classes, etc. Please bring your own mat. If you do not own a mat, we do have mats for sale at $35.00 at our studio.
2. Be Safe and Respect Your Edge! Relax and gently ease your body into each pose. Don't push too hard, move slowly and mindfully. Never stretch to the point of pain or discomfort as this may increase risk of injury. Don't try to stretch beyond your limitations! This is a judgement free zone.
3. Listen to Your Body! Only you know how far you can comfortably push your body. Listen to those signs that your body offers you. Don't feel the need to keep going or to over challenge yourself. Know that your yoga practice is YOURS and YOURS alone. Quiet the ego - that little voice that tells you to push harder - and just breathe, let go, and enjoy being where you are in the moment.
4. Take Rest! If you feel lightheaded, dizzy or otherwise ill at any point during practice, take a break. Sit down on your mat, go into a childs pose or discreetly step out of the room and/or step off the floor if you need to.
5. Drink Up! Drink plenty of water before and after class. Keep your body hydrated at all times! Often times, when you feel lightheaded, dizzy or have muscle cramps, this can be a sign of dehydration. Drinking plenty of water will help replenish carbohydrates and electrolytes.
6. Eat Right! As with any physical activity, you'll want to make sure you're eating right to help you perform your best. While a light snack or meal an hour or so before working out is recommended, you might want to allow two hours between any snacks and four hours between any heavy meals and your yoga practice. Be sure that when you do eat a snack or meal that contains both protein and carbohydrates.
7. Dress for Class! Make sure you are wearing appropriate attire - yoga pants, capris or any workout attire, etc. Anything too tight and binding will not only trap moisture in, but also make you feel uncomfortable and weighted while practicing. Tank tops and fitted t-shirts are a great choice, as it gives you better range of motion. Be sure to pull your hair back and off your face.
8. Checking in With Your Doc! If you have any medical conditions, if you are ill, or if you are pregnant, please consult with your physician first before attending a yoga class.
9. Questions! If you have any questions regarding class types/styles, levels etc., please ask. We are more than happy to answer any questions you may have.
10. Enjoy yourself! Relax, Release, and Breathe. Stay true to yourself and the essence of who your are.