Our +300 Hour/500 RYT program runs in conjunction with an RYT 200 training at our studio location (weekday or weekend) and includes additional group participation that is +300/500 RYT curriculum specific. You have up to 1 full year to complete all program requirements.
1) Successful Completion of a 200 RYT Teacher Training Course (must include a copy your certificate with registration application)
2) Must Be Actively teaching at the 200 RYT Level (since becoming certified as a 200 RYT)
Our +300 Hour/500 RYT Teacher Training Program is offered as an advanced study course, with a deeper set of skills and insights to bring into your teaching practice, and essential to your ongoing development as a professional yoga teacher. The "advanced" quality of the +300 Hour/500 RYT training is not so-called advanced asanas, but rather we focus on developing an advanced understanding of how to effectively and inclusively teach asasa, pranayama and meditation practices to all levels and conditions of students. This program asks for your full commitment to being on the path of the teacher, starting with staying in your own personal practice and teaching in an active way. Once completed, you will be eligible to apply to the Yoga Alliance at the RYT 500 level.
All of your program training sessions are conducted in both small group and/or large group settings at our studio location with our 200 RYT Trainees, and includes additional sessions that are scheduled with just your fellow +300 Hour/500 RYT training classmates. All training sessions are run in accordance in conjunction with an on-going RYT 200 program - Weekdays or Weekend (please see dates below), as you will be required to mentor 200 RYT trainees throughout their teacher training course.
Fall/Winter 2019-20 Weekday Program Dates:
Thursdays from 9:00am - 1:00pm
September 12th, 19th, 26th
October 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st
November 7th, 14th, 21st
December 5th, 12th, 19th
January 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th
February 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th
March 5th, 12th, 19th
Fall/Winter 2019-20 Weekend Program Dates:
Saturdays from 12:00pm - 4:00pm
September 14th, 21st, 28th
October 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th
November 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd
December 7th, 14th, 21st
January 11th, 18th, 25th
February 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th
March 7th, 14th, 21st
We offer enrollment into our teacher training program twice a year - Spring/Summer & Winter/Fall, and require a copy of your 200 hour certificate of completion be attached with your registration application. You will not be accepted without all required and/or completed forms. Your completed application, attachments and deposit or payment in full will secure your spot.
We are proud to say that our teacher training programs are accredited and registered by the Yoga Alliance, the organization responsible for maintaining the integrity and consistency of yoga teacher training's throughout the world. Yoga Alliance only accepts and registers a school when its yoga teacher training program meets clear, and predetermined criteria, such as ours.
What We Cover (But Not Limited To):
1. Asana Technique & Teaching Methods - Adaptions, Modification & Variations
2. Expand Upon Yoga History & Philosophy
3. Expand Upon Practical Yoga Anatomy. Physiology & Subtle Energy
4. Energetically Balanced Class Planning & Sequencing
5. Teaching Effective Pranayama Techniques
6. Mindfulness, Meditation & Relaxation Practices & Techniques
7. The Art of Observing & Relating
8. Demonstrating & Cuing
9. Creating Space for Self Transformation
10. Teaching All Levels & All Abilities (Inclusivity & Trauma Informed/Sensitive)
11. Lifestyle, Ethics, Yoga Business Practices & Yoga Profession
12. Also includes a review of all the core components of the 200 RYT curriculum (see RYT 200 page for details)
Additional Program Curriculum Includes:
3. Independent Study