WHO CAN APPLY
Candidates must display:
* Existing work experience in humanitarian / social services or have a strong intention to contribute within these fields
* A willingness to fulfill Internship (pro-bono) teaching commitments at Total Harmony Yoga, as well as a willingness to fulfill any post training commitments
FULL TRAINING COURSE SCHOLARSHIP
This scholarship includes:
* Course admission for the full teacher training program
* Administrative and course materials
* 200 RYT Teaching Certification upon successful completion of this course
Full course attendance is a requirement for the teacher training certificate. Candidates need to ensure their full availability and commitment for the duration of the training course selected.
Successful candidate's attending this course are subject to the same certificate requirements and commitments of his or her fellow participants in the yoga teacher training program.
At the end of the training program, a one on one sit down with the candidate will be scheduled to discuss and create an plan of action for any post training commitments. This will include guidelines and measures on how to work with specific groups, as well as discussing suitable yoga sequences.
Passing it On - Paying it Forward
Upon successful graduation from the teacher training program, the candidate is committed to the following:
* Teach a minimum of 25 free yoga classes at Total Harmony Yoga. Classes are to be taught at regular intervals and with a pre-determined time frame. This is approximately a 3-6 month commitment (depending when classes are lead).
* Keep a record and journal entry of each yoga session you teach, including the development of your yoga sequence as you go along.
* Submit a 1000 word reflection at the completion of the 25 class "Give Back" cycle.
POST TRAINING SUPPORT
Total Harmony Yoga will provide continual support for the candidate. Mentoring is available and will be discussed individually, as needed.
POST TRAINING COMPLIANCE
It is required that you fulfill ALL program requirements - Pre, Durational & Post
If the candidate does not complete all program requirements, they will be considered in default to Total Harmony Yoga's YTT program, and will have to pay back their scholarship - either paying back in full or by way of a payment plan.
Aside from the obvious benefits of getting a scholarship, the post training teaching commitment allows the candidate to start teaching immediately after the completion of their yoga teacher training program.
The Successful Candidate
* "Gives Back" to the studio and community
* Has direct access to feedback and mentorship
* Gets to test out and modify their yoga sequences in relation to a particular group over and extended period, including an observation and refinement process that is highly beneficial to becoming a good yoga teacher
* Gain valuable teaching experience that will aid in leading future yoga classes